Thursday 14 October 2010

Record number of RED KITES for Hertfordshire

While driving home yesterday evening I came across a large gathering of Red Kites over Stubbock's Wood, north of Tea Green (TL138238). I counted at least 27 in the air at once, and think that is an under estimate as several dropped into or behind the wood. The Kites were accompanied by a couple of Buzzards and a wheeling flock of Jackdaws and Rooks. I viewed the spectacle from a passing-place on the narrow Stony Lane, north-east from Tea Green and from another passing-place on the slightly wider Lilley Bottom road (Roger Hicks)

2 comments:

  1. I Have just seen a Red Kite low over Graveley near Hitchin
    Eddie Quince
    Graveley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen a Red Kites flying over chells way and Canterbury way in Stevenage. also 2 flying over the field near Watton at stone hertfordshire

    ReplyDelete