Tuesday 6 September 2011

WHITE WAGTAILS in the extreme east of the county

Firstly many thanks to Graeme Smith for giving me the heads up on the WHITE WAGTAIL near Thorley Church yesterday afternoon. I got there about 4pm and wandered south through the churchyard, past the industrial units to the open fields. I quickly scanned the field to the sou'west of the church and and barely 40 yards away were TWO White Wagtails, an adult male and a 1stW together. I then circled the whole field returning to the same spot, but did not locate any other individuals. Both birds were still present when I left at 6pm, at approx TL475187. Well it would seem the westerlies have produced for us. I cannot wait to see who will locate the inevitable Buff breast that must surely follow! (Mike Harris)

No comments:

Post a Comment