Monday 27 July 2009

BLACK-TAILED GODWIT at Tyttenhanger GP

Although I was largely tied up chasing a PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVER around Breydon Water (Norfolk) in heavy rain today with JT (not literally I hasten to add before all you twitcher-bashers start to write), in much better conditions this afternoon, I visited Tyttenhanger GP in the hope of seeing the single BLACK-TAILED GODWIT reported earlier in the afternoon roosting on the spit on the main wader pit.

The bird was certainly not there when Joan and I visited at 1630-1700 hours, but waders did include an impressive 307 Lapwings, a COMMON SANDPIPER and what is presumably the long-staying adult DUNLIN (correct me if I am wrong and this is actually a different bird).

There was also a beautiful adult HOBBY hawking dragonflies over the cut-off, with an adult LITTLE OWL in the paddocks and 6 Common Terns (3 juveniles), female Tufted Duck with 4 small young, Great Crested Grebe feeding a single stripy young and 12 Red-legged Partridges.

Butterflies were well represented and included my first CLOUDED YELLOW of the year, a fresh PAINTED LADY, several Peacocks, 4 COMMAS and a Common Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment