Tuesday 28 July 2009

DUNLINS increase to two at Tyttenhanger

I was at Tyttenhanger this morning the 28th of July where I met David Booth by chance. On the main pit there were two DUNLINS together as well as a Common Sandpiper and 3 Green Sandpipers. There were two Green Sandpipers on the Willows Farm pond earlier which I suspect had moved to the main pit as they were not there later. There were also two Common Sandpipers on the fishing lake.

Butterflies were particularly numerous on the Buddlea bush by the hide with Commas, Peacock, Gatekeeper, Painted Lady, Small White and Red Admiral well represented. Meadow Browns and Common Blues were around on the grassy areas and there were many dragonflies including a mating pair of Brown Hawkers.I had a look out for Brown Argus butterflies which I have seen here in past years but it may be slightly too early for the second generation to be on the wing (Alan Gardiner)

No comments:

Post a Comment