Friday 10 July 2009

QUAIL still calling......and male MONTAGU'S again

I was also at the regular Walligton site yesterday afternoon and noted the new track covering. No Quails called or showed whilst I was there. I then moved towards Wallington and stopped every 200 yards or so to listen for them. I got through Wallington and took the road towards Slip End (on the A505) and repeated the process. At a point about half way between the two "Lodge Farms", on the left hand side of the road (looking towards the Metley Hill radio masts), a COMMON QUAIL called fairly consistently mid pm. I carried on the process for several more roads south of the A505 moving slowly eastwards, but with no further success.

In addition the male MONTAGU'S HARRIER gave stunning views as it quartered the fields for about 15 minutes at Deadman Hill. Also seen there were 5+ Common Buzzard, 2 Hobby, 1 Kestrel and a F female Sparrowhawk (Mike Harris)

No comments:

Post a Comment